What is Staging?
Staging is the very best proven way to get top dollar for your home as you prepare it for sale. Homes that are Staged using my techniques sell faster and for more money! This is because Staging sets the scene throughout the house to create immediate buyer interest in your property. This will then lead to your home selling for the highest possible price in today's market. Remember, "The way you live in your home, and the way you market and sell your house are two different things."
Accredited ASP Stagers and ASP Real Estate Agents are true Professionals trained under strict guidelines using my proven Staging techniques developed for over 30 years. When you bring your home on the market and prepare your house for sale always hire an ASP because they are the true leaders in the Staging and Real Estate Industries.
What is an ASP?
An ASP is an Accredited Staging Professional who has completed a training program covering specific techniques and concepts in home presentation and Staging. This includes classroom instruction and Staging a house using the skills learned in class. Upon course completion, the student is awarded the Accredited Staging Professional Stager credential which allows him/her to professionally Stage® homes.
Home Staging Tips for Home Sellers
Get Ready To Move Start Packing
Try looking at your house THROUGH THE BUYERS EYES as though youve never seen it or been there before. Any time or money invested on the following will bring back more money in return, and hopefully a faster sale.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. Keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of 1, 3, or 5 items.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. If it hasnt been used for three months... put it away! Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, pictures, etc. (A sparse kitchen helps the buyer mentally move their own things into your kitchen.)
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from countertops, tubs, shower stalls and commode tops. Keep only your most needed cosmetics, brushes, perfumes etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels to one or two colors only.
- Rearrange or remove some of the furniture if necessary. As owners, many times we have too much furniture in a room. This is wonderful for our own personal enjoyment, but when it comes to selling we need to thin out as much as possible to make rooms appear larger.
- Take down or rearrange certain pictures or objects on walls. Patch and paint if necessary.
- Review the inside of the house room by room, and
- Paint any room needing paint.
- Clean carpets or drapes that need it.
- Clean windows.
- If you need room to store extra possessions use the garage or rent a storage unit.
- Leave on certain lights during the day. During showings turn on all lights and lamps.
- Have stereo FM on during the day for all viewings.
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc., into the garage.
- Check gutters for roof moss and dry rot. Make sure they are swept and cleaned.
- Look at all plants... prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows. YOU CANT SELL A HOUSE IF YOU CANT SEE IT. Plants are like children they grow so fast!!
- Weed and then mulch all planting areas. Keep lawn freshly cut and fertilized. Remove and dead plants or shrubs.
- Clear patios or decks of all small items. such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys. etc. (Put them in the garage or a storage unit.)
- Check paint condition of the house especially the front door and trim. CURB APPEAL REALLY WORKS!